Non Immigrant Visa
This type of visa is designed for applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes.
- to perform official duties (Category "F")
- to conduct business / to work (Category "B")
- to invest with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries and Government Departments concerned (Category "IM")
- to invest or perform other activities relating to investment, subject to the provision of the established laws on investment promotion (Category "IB")
- to study, to come on a work study tour or observation tour , to participate in projects or seminars , to attend a conference or training course , to study as a foreign Buddhist monk (Category "ED")
- to work as a film-producer, journalist or reporter (Category "M")
- to perform missionary work or other religious activities with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries or Government Departments concerned (Category "R")
- to conduct scientific research or training or teaching in a research institute (Category "RS")
- to undertake skilled work or to work as an expert or specialist (Category "EX")
- other activities (Category "O")
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED **
The applicants must submit the following documents;
- Correct Fee
- Visa application form completely filled out & signed
- Passport with not less than 6 months after your return.
- Two passport sized photographs taken within the past six months
- Prepaid self addressed envelope (we recommend Special Delivery)
- Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents ("O")
- Letter of acceptance from the concerned schools/universities or institutes ("ED")
- Letter from Thailand's Board of Investment. ("IB")
- Official Note certifying the purpose of travel from the Government Agencies /Embassies and Consulates / International Organisations / State Enterprises in Thailand. ("F" / "B" / "ED" / "M" / "R")
- Letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment , Tel 662-2452745, 245-3209, 617-6578, 617-6584 Fax. 662-6176576, 245-2593) ***
- Letter from a company stating the objective of the visit to Thailand ("B")
- Document showing correspondence with trading partners in Thailand. ("B")
- Letter of invitation from companies qualified to employ foreigners. ("B")
- Employment contract indicating rationale for hiring the applicant as well as his/her salary, position and qualifications (document must be signed by authorised managing director and affixed the seal of the company) ("B")
- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (only in case the applicant has previously worked in the Kingdom ) ("B")
- Copy of corporate documents; namely 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation 5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions 6) map indicating the location of the company 7) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 8) Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and 9) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20) , etc.("B")
- Copy of educational records of the applicant and letters of recommendation from the prior employers, identifying job description and length of service time. ("B")
- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only),or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only)("B")
- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )
The document to be submitted for non-immigrant visa application is contingent upon necessities and appropriateness of purposes stated in the application form.
Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary.
Copies of company documents must be signed by Board of Directors and affixed the seal of the company.
In the absence of a required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must be provided.
The applicant must sign on each page of the copy
Documents in foreign languages must be translated into Thai or English
£50.00 for single entry and £125.00 for multiple entries (subject to change without notice)
Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are valid for three months and one year respectively.
The holders of this type of visa are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.
EXTENSION OF STAY
Those qualified persons can obtain an additional one year stay permit counting from the date of entry in the Kingdom pertaining to the Office of the Immigration Bureau's regulations on extension of stay. The extension of stay is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
N.B. Applicants wishing to stay in the Kingdom longer than 90 days, have to file their application either at the Thai consular mission abroard or at the Office of Immigration Bureau in Bangkok located on Soi Suanan Plululu, off Soi Sathornrnrn Road,Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10 (or website at (http://www.police.go.th/thaiimb/frconten.htm ) . The consular officer must refer the case to the Office of Immigration Bureau for approval. Upon receiving approval, the consular officer may issue the visa as instructed by the Bureau.
Applicants who are nationals of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Sudan, Algeria, Libya, Yemen, Egypt and Palestinian State
Passport holders of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Sudan, Algeria, Libya, Yemen, Egypt and Palestinian States are requested to file an application at the Thai Embassy where they have their permanent residence.
** 1. The document to be submitted for non-immigrant visa application is contingent upon necessities and appropriateness of purposes stated in the application form.
2. Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additionadocumentasdeemededed necessary.
3. Copies of company documents must be signed by Board of Directors and affixed the seal of the company.
4. In the absence of a required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must be provided.
5. The applicant must sign on each page of the copy
6. Documents in foreign languages must be translated into Thai. If translated into English, it should be notorizededed by notary persons.
*** For those foreigners who wish to work in Thailand, their employer in Thailand should submit Form WP3 (Application for applying a work permit on behalf of alien according to Section 3) at the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.
Click here to print Visa ApplicatioFormpdfdfdf)
Click here to print Visa Application Form (Word)
Thai Visa Home Page